Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Who can name this plant?............it's a peanut plant. Yes, I've learned some interesting things today at my allergist appointment. A peanut isn't really a "nut" afterall, it's actually from the legume family. It can cause quite the problem if you are allergic to them. And yes, I found out I am. After 50 years of living, I've developed an allergy to peanuts. Why? They cannot explain that; it's a mystery. But they will no longer be in my diet or any derivative thereof and I will have to carry an epi pen wherever I go now. And I can no longer indulge in my favorite snack, peanut M&M's.....and regular 'ol M&M's can never take their place! So now I will adjust my diet, pay special attention to ingredients in foods and move on. Oh well, I guess carrot sticks are healthier anyway!!
No more of these in my diet!!

No comments: