Saturday, November 1, 2008

Today's Hug - The Value of Friendship

As I head out to meet friends at Archiver's and scrap all evening together.....I'm reminded of how much my friends mean to me. I hope I always show that to them!

Love one another earnestly from a pure heart. - 1 Peter 1:22

Emily Dickinson spoke for friends everywhere when she wrote, "My friends are my estate." She understood that friends are among our most treasured possessions. But unlike a bank account or a stock certificate, the value of a true friendship is beyond measure.
So today celebrate the joys of building and preserving your personal estate of lifelong friends. Give thanks for the laughter, the loyalty, the sharing, and the trust. Remember what it means to aid an ally, to be a backer, or to console a comrade. When you do, you will have increased two personal fortunes at once!
I plan on letting each one of them know today how much their friendship means to me!

No comments: